Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So we're full!



So we were inundated with requests for auditions, which is fantastic.

Tomorrow we have the audition session, which I'm excited by. There would appear to be some very talented people popping over tomorrow.

It's going to be a strange audition - the characters don't have a lot to say and I won't have the child actors with me to run lines - so I guess I'm the children!

It will be a little unusual.

I'm looking forward to see the take the actors have on the role - I can't imagine it being easy, there's a complex mix of emotions being put into a very small page count.

I'm looking for people who make it natural and easy - those who say as much in what they don't say.

It was also a little tricky in that they are playing the parents of two brothers - it had to be believable that they could be related. A few people had to be reluctantly let go for this reason, but it has to work.

My hat's off to all those brave enough to come and audition for me tomorrow. I know it's not easy, you're putting yourself on the line and only a couple of you will be chosen. Respect for putting yourself out there.

Mairtin

No comments:

Post a Comment