Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Heart- Shaped is launched to the funding public!





Ok, so as some of you know, I'm a filmmaker.

I've been making music videos and short films and have won a few awards over the last few years. I'm trying to get longer form projects off the ground but it's difficult to raise the finance and it takes a long time to get them made. I have films in development that could take years to see the light of day.

In the meantime, I've linked up with a global filmmaking group who are making a feature film set across 16 countries. We're taking advantage of new technologies and the accessibility of the world through new media to make something immediate that could help us all launch our careers.

I'm shooting my segment at the end of June/Start of July and to help with the process I've set up an indiegogo fundraising site.

Why? Because I want to be able to feed the crew properly, take care of expenses, get the lights I want, the locations I want, promote the film et cetera. In terms of film I'm not looking to raise a lot, but it will help immensely. Every penny raised will go into the production.

There are a number of perks to sponsorship, which you can see on the site, as well as further information on the project.

http://www.indiegogo.com/filmswithheart

Obviously things are tight for a lot of people at the moment, so if you can't, aren't interested in, despise or love the idea, it would help greatly to spread the word on it. Post it on facebook, twitter, or wherever, who knows who it might reach.

There are a few interesting sponsorship options for business or persons.

I know I'm putting this out there and there will no doubt be people thinking it's a stupid idea, but it's not to me. I have a story I want to tell to the best of my ability, and I need help.

I've given it 53 days to reach the target of $2500 - I have absolutely no idea if this is realistic to be raised in Ireland in this timeframe or not. It's worth trying it out though!

Hope you can help!

Spread the word, I'll be forever in your debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment