Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lights...camera...



So we're shooting this film on a Sony PMX EX3, a full HD digital camera.
While it has its limitations, the picture quality is excellent. Gavin, our director of photography, is very experienced on it and knows it inside out. Given the choice (and the budget!) I would probably shoot in a different format, but the EX3 can make beautiful images if used right.

One of the keys to making beautiful images is lighting the project. We're getting ours from Teach Solais, a fantastic professional lighting company with offices in Dublin and Galway. I've used them on all the projects I've Line Produced too and they always look after me. Can't recommend them highly enough. Check them out here www.teachsolais.com





The other key to a good film is great sound, which I will touch upon in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment