Thursday, August 5, 2010

A little update



So, I'm back at work on Heartshaped.

I'm delighted that the very talented Anna-Maria O'Flanagan is working on the cut as we speak - I had done a very rough cut myself but I have to concede I don't have the patience or the natural talent of an editor - especially not one as talented as Anna Maria.

To be honest I found it very hard to detach from the kids in the project and see it as a film - I was obsessing on things I didn't need to and missing the bigger picture. I'm very relieved to step back into my comfort zone - directing those with talent work!

The overall project is now absolutely flying. We're halfway there in terms of segments shot - that means 12 left to go!

From looking at the stills and some of the rough cuts for these I'm delighted the quality is really high - I'm not disappointed by them (and I hope they're not disappointed by me!).

I've also had a very exciting meeting with a composer - it was very mysterious, at an airport - it felt a little like a Bourne meeting! Hopefully if things work out there will be some world class talent involved.

Fingers crossed.

I'm also working on a music video now - to shoot in the next couple of weeks. It's a great song, a great band (who I regularly collaborate with) and we have a great location lined up. Getting pretty excited by this now too.

Finally, but perhaps the thing I'm most challenged and excited by, is a return to short stories with a group of writers spread across the world -

Intercontinental Ink.

I have my story planned out and look forward to burying myself in it - I just need to clear a few items out of my head before I can. The shovel, the pickaxe and the caffeine are working on that as we speak.

We aim to have our stories finished by the end of the year and it will be put together as a one volume anthology. I'll let you know more as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment