Friday, July 9, 2010

Rain halts play...



So the montage sequence will have to wait.

The rainy forecast has meant postponing the last day's shooting until it clears up. I thought I had a very busy schedule coming up, but I rather unexpectedly have some time off, so maybe I won't have to wait too long to shoot it.

To be honest, it's probably a good idea anyhow, I'm cutting the film tomorrow afternoon/night - just a rough cut, but I should get an idea if I need to reshoot or pick up anything. I don't think I do, but I suppose you never know.

One thing I'm sure of, I've got LOADS of footage. In some ways, it makes cutting harder, as you end up cutting for the sake of it, which should be avoided. I don't like to cut unless you need to.

In fact, I left one scene, the most emotionally bare scene in the film, without any cuts at all, to try and make it stand out from the rest of the film, to feel more natural and real. Watch out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment